To know Him and to make Him known
We envision a New Testament anchored church where the Word of God, accurately taught, holds the highest place and where the presence and power of the Holy Spirit is emphasized in church and in people’s lives, with the ultimate purpose of helping every person believe in Jesus Christ as Lord, become a real disciple,
and build His Kingdom.
We expect faith and real life to intersect as we live by faith in every area of life, being led by the Spirit and believing the Bible so as to obey it, walk in love by it, and receive God’s promises through it.
This faith is for every generation, thereby we believe in imparting it to our kids and teenagers so that they experience God in their lives in a real way during their younger years.
We envision a church so amazed by the good news and so full of love that people are compelled to share the gospel with others, resulting in every believer having vision not only for world evangelism, but also for personal evangelism, doing the works of Jesus. With this purpose, we contend for continual awakening and revival, expecting the power of God to accompany the preaching of the gospel.
We dream of a church that resembles the Book of Acts church, where everyone participates, everyone fellowships, everyone contributes, everyone prays, everyone loves, and everyone builds the Kingdom of God…together. And because of that unity, God’s grace and miracles are prevalent.
We are faith people. We are Word people. We are Holy Spirit people.
And we are lovers of God and people.
Welcome to Houston Faith Church!
- We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the first begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, died, buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible, in its entirety, to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct, with the New Testament being the current covenant between God and His people.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in water baptism.
- We believe in sanctification through the Holy Spirit and by the Word of God, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and power as distinct from the new birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and in the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers today.
- We believe in miracles and divine healing through faith in the name of Jesus Christ and that healing is included in our redemption.
- We believe in the Christian's hope: the eminent, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.